A. General Rules:
* Please Review.
1. There are No Refunds of Entry Fees. No Exceptions.
2. No membership is required to enter the CBHI Futurity & Derby and Open.
3. Completion of entry form or payment of entry fees will indicate acceptance of all rules and regulations governing this event. If your horse has entered a CBHI event you must still supply a copy of the papers with your entry.(2 copies if Future Fortunes eligible)
4. The Futurity and Derby are open to all ages and ability of contestants, men or women under 18 years of age will be required to have a parent/guardian on site.
5. Entrants / competitors and owners will be responsible for themselves and their Horses. All horses (fut/derby)will be subject to an examination to meet registration identification and numbering. Any horse examined and found to be of ineligible age or failing to meet registration description will be disqualified.* If a horse is found to have been entered under false pretense, the horse will be disqualified. No entry fees will be refunded.
6. No signs, banners or posters shall be displayed without prior approval of the committee.
7. Horse/Rider substitutions will be allowed with a $50.00 substitution fee per change, and a vet or doctor’s affidavit confirming the individual’s or horses inability to compete. (family member substitution are still $50 per change) No horse or rider substitutions allowed after Sept 26. Absolutely NO selling spots after Sept 26. No late entry’s allowed after Sept 26.
8. Contestants will be assigned stalling and parking. Any horse or tack that is found in a stall that has not been assigned will be fined $100 per stall. Fine shall be paid for by the contestant or its representative prior to any further participation in the event. If feeding at your trailer, hay nets must be used or you will be subject to a $50 fine.
9. All vehicles will park in the area designated by the Committee.
10. Use of camping electrical outlets on grounds must be requested and paid for in advance. Camping/electrical passes must be displayed on the dash/or unit. Fines for units found plugged in without passes result in $50.00 fines per day in addition to regular fees.
11. Damage willfully caused to any property, i.e. stalls, barns, etc., of the Committee, its lessee or subcontractors, shall be paid for by the contestant or its representative prior to any further participation in the event.
12. ALL dogs must be confined to contestant’s trailer/camper area or on a leash at all times. NO dogs in the barns. Service dogs are allowed.
13. In the interest of safety for our patrons, employees and contestants, anyone operating a motor vehicle to include golf carts and motor scooters in an unsafe manner may be immediately disqualified and asked to vacate the premises.
14. The Committee will not tolerate abuse of any animal or person by any person while at the CBHI Fut/Derby/Open show in Ponoka, Ab. You will be subject to a $50 fine.
B. Payoff, Entry Fees, Deadlines & Eligibility Requirements:
1. An Entry fee will be deemed by the committee for the both the Futurity and Derby events, and will be posted on the official entry form. The Futurity & Derby shall consist of 2 Long Go Rounds, a Short Go, and an Average. The Short Go qualifiers will be determined by a horse’s average. In the event of a tie for last place qualifying for the short go, the fastest combined time of 2 runs will be taken between the contestants who are tied. If this does not break the tie, both contestants will be invited to compete in the Short Go. The Average will be determined by a horse’s fastest qualifying time over the 2 Long Go’s and the Short Go time combined. These 2 will flip a coin for the blanket.
2. Entry Fees may be split into 2 equal payments. A minimum of half the entry fee must be received by the committee no later than Aug 1; the remainder is due by Sept 1. Failing to meet the Aug 1 deadline will result in a $50.00 late fee. A $50.00 late fee will be assessed with each late payment for each horse entered. All stall, ground, camping, and side pot fees must accompany your second payment. Only horses that have both payments, and paperwork submitted by the Sept 1th deadline will go in the draw. Late entries will be accepted until 7 days prior to the event start date. All late entries will run at the bottom of the draw both days, and will not be accepted until all fees, including late fees, are paid. No late entry’s accepted after Sept 26.
3. The Futurity is open to horses 5 years of age and younger of the competing year. To be eligible for the Futurity, the horse must NEVER have competed in ANY barrel race, including AQHA shows, play days, novice horse events, derbies, rodeos, etc. prior to December 1 of the previous year. To do so means forfeit of any and all fees paid and elimination from the futurity. The Futurity Long go’s will be a 2D (two division event) with 1 second split determining the divisions. You have to enter the 2D. The short go and average will not have any split.
4. The Derby is Open to horses 7 years of age and younger of the competing year. There are no rules on prior competition for the Derby. No horse may enter both the CBHI Futurity & Derby within the same year. The Derby will be a 2D (two division event) with 1 second split determining the divisions. You have to enter the 2D. The short-go and average will not have any split.
5. There will be a $25 charge for every NSF cheque.
6. Every Fut/Der horse must be numbered. There is 2 different times to get this done. If not you will be disqualified and no refunds.